My parents now know that their 17-year old daughter has been suffering with self-mutilation for the past 7 months.
They know what I’ve used.
They know how severe it has gotten.
I was called crazy.
They said they were going to send me to a mental hospital.
isolation won’t make it better
But we have come to a compromise.
- I am going to talk to someone.
- They’re making me get into an extra-curricular activity of some sort, my choice, to keep myself entertained.
- We are going to have a family meeting every Sunday night, to make sure of how I’m feeling and also help prepare me for the coming week with a good mindset.
- I am not allowed to use anything sharp around the house (scissors, knives, toothpicks, safety pins, etc.)
- Once school ends, I have to get a job. (I’m totally ok with that)
The hospital isn’t happening.. right now at least.
If they see that nothing is getting better, they said they’ll send me.
I think I finally want to get better.
I’m going to try.